Monday, December 29, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 8:27 PM
Posted by Michelle at 8:21 PM
Our first Christmas with Spencer was great! Things got rolling really slowly with a brand new baby, but Jean and my Mom made a great lunch and we got around to opening presents in the afternoon. Jean gave Spencer his first toy truck--and Spencer slept right through it all!
Posted by Michelle at 6:25 PM
Spencer has Jean wrapped around his little finger already!! I love to see how excited Jean gets over Spencer and I was right, he is a fabulous Dad!
Posted by Michelle at 6:17 PM
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 10:21 AM
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 9:43 PM
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 1:18 PM
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Yesterday was my due date...and yet, no baby has presented himself as of this moment--despite the efforts of Jean who is encouraging me to go for walks and up and down the stairs to get things moving along! =)
Posted by Michelle at 8:26 PM
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 7:09 PM
Friday, November 28, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 8:40 AM
Thursday, November 20, 2008
you can't stop! Here is another tag...I blame this post on a combination of boredom and a lack of motivation today at work. Hope you enjoy getting to know me a little bit more!!
Instructions: you have to write a note with 16 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you.
1. Whenever I wash my hands, I get the urge to spit in the sink (Just FYI, I don't usually follow through with that urge).
2. I have a scar on the back of my thigh from a ferry in NYC when I was like 9 nine years old...I was not obeying rules...I have a scar on the front of my thigh from barb wire on an apartment building roof (meant to keep people off) from when I was 19...again not following rules...do you see a pattern here?
3. I want to be one of those crazy old ladies that has some quirk about her...not sure what I want the quirk to be yet....crazy hats? I ruled out being the cat lady long ago...
4. I don't like walking through my house at night with darkness behind me. Does that make sense? Like turning off the light in the room and then leaving.
5. I have ridden an elephant at the Singapore Zoo.
6. I have chronic hiccoughs.
7. My goal is to make it to all seven continents before I die...only two to go (Africa and Antartica)!!!
8. I have moved 23 times in my life. Yes, I am only 26 years old...
9. In the ten years since I began working (not counting any babysitting) I have held 11 different jobs.
10. Based on #9 and #10, for those of you who didn't already know, I am pretty sure that I am addicted to change.
11. The only time I have consumed alcohol was when my Mom gave it to me. Now before she freaks out because I am making her sound like a bad mom, here is the explanation. We moved to Italy and she bought chocolate covered cherries to share with the family. She passed them out to all of us, which we promptly ate, then she ate hers and realized what she had done. We learned to check for alcohol in chocolates while in Europe--a valuable lesson.
12. When swimming at night, I have the irrational fear that there are sharks in the pool with me.
13. Remarkably, the only bone I have broken is my little toe. (Knock on wood.) You would think with how accident prone I am, that number would be higher though. Guess I am just tough! =)
14. I am ridiculously particular about my laundry...to a fault.
15. I fear gorillas, well monkeys as well. I had a bad experience as a child with a gorilla. A few years ago, I had a monkey grab onto my finger and I almost had a panic attack...Lemurs, on the other hand, I am strangely okay with. Not sure if they are considered a monkey...
16. I get so excited at Christmas time because they sell Peppermint ice cream and mint M&M's. Both should be sold year round--probably a good thing for my waistline that they arn't though.
Posted by Michelle at 1:58 PM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
What is your husband's name? Jean
How long have you been married? almost two years
How long did you date? about 6 months from first date to marriage
How old is he? 27
Who eats sweets? I like sweets, he likes salty
Who said I love you first? I did
Who is taller? he is
Who can sing best? um, not sure if you would want to listen to either of us singing...
Who is smarter? why are there questions like this? I guess I will admit that he is smarter than I am...
Who drives? he usually does, unless he is too full after eating out! =)
Who does the laundry? we both do, but I usually beat him to it
Who pays the bills? both
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? standing in front of the bed facing it, I do
Who mows the lawn? we have a system, he mows and weed-wacks (sp?) and I sweep the sidewalks and driveway, works for me! =)
Who cooks dinner? again, we both do, but he probably ends up doing it more than I...just depends who gets home first
Who is the first to admit they are wrong? um, that totally depends on the situation...maybe Jean though...
Who kissed who first? we were hiking and sat on a rock to rest and he kissed me first
Who asked who out first? now that is a popular debate...according to his version of our first date, it was kind of mutually arranged, according to my version, he asked me
Who wears the pants? we decide things together
Anyone who wants to participate, can! I give you permission! haha
Posted by Michelle at 6:08 PM
Friday, November 7, 2008
Glad that you two are having such a fun time!
Posted by Michelle at 4:57 PM
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 8:58 AM
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Anyway, Jean and I picked the happy looking pattern (it looked the least initmidating) and Emma, a pro, coached me through the carving and made it look great!
Posted by Michelle at 8:43 PM
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 7:14 PM
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 11:46 AM
Monday, September 29, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 3:39 PM
Of course, grilling is not complete without Jean's picanha (top sirloin)!
We chilled (literally) in the hammock until we got just a little too cold and then took off to drive the Alpine Loop.
I love Utah in the fall and even more, enjoying it with my favorite person!
Posted by Michelle at 3:25 PM
Monday, September 22, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 8:52 PM
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Mom and Dad decided to test out the comfort of the casino chairs. Dad quickly escaped the photo opportunity, but I was able to catch Mom. And don't worry, Mom wasn't gambling!
I am constantly entertained with the things that Jean comes up with to entertain kids (not sure what that says about me...)!! Our neices got a great kick out of this idea, and especially when Jean discovered that rubberbands don't come off as easy as they come on. It was difficult trying to figure out which one was on top.
The girls and I even got in on some of the action, but yes we learned from Jean and limited the number of rubberbands we would allow to go on our face.
Utah State Fair
Jean and I made it to the fair over the weekend. It was pretty good times and great people watching! We didn't get many pics, but the tiger show was pretty cool. Not sure what possesses a man to get in a cage with 6-8 tigers, but it was interesting to watch. We could get pretty close (I didn't zoom in the picture) and it is amazing how big and strong they are!
The fair also included more than we needed of expensive fatty foods (though I would have the gyro again...), not the kind of homemade lemonade we were expecting (it was expensive ice), one HUGE pig, a few very pregnant cows (I felt their pain), a very crowded rodeo and lots of people trying to get us to buy stuff! I am so bad at avoiding them, good thing Jean has some sense!
P.S. I will be SIX months pregnant this next Saturday! Time is going by too fast AND too slow, depending on the day! =)
Posted by Michelle at 9:09 PM
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Happy pregnancy!! =)
Posted by Michelle at 9:13 PM
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 10:59 AM
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Posted by Michelle at 2:19 PM
Monday, July 28, 2008
--Zofran is an amazing drug...if you have morning sickness, DEMAND Zofran from your doc (let your insurance suck it up and eat the cost--it is well worth the fight with them!)
--I can no longer suck in my gut, I suck and nothing happens...guess I have extra stuff in there filling in the previously voided areas...and as a side note, I hit a high point yesterday when my niece asked to feel my baby so I guided her hand to where to feel and she says, "Wow, your belly is huge!" That is a good thing, right????? Please comfort me, haha.
--I have a new found love for Cheetos (maybe this should be the blame for the waistline instead of the baby...nah, the baby is the cause, for sure!!)
--Long flights are no longer the sole cause for my elephantitis...can I just tell you how much I dislike the feeling of swollen ankles and feet? I really don't like it. I can't even stand to look at them after a day on my feet...it makes me feel strange inside, like watching contortionists...
--Every woman seems to have horror stories about giving birth, which doesn't make sense to me, because I keep hearing that women forget the pain blah blah blah and that is why they keep having babies...well, the stories they share with me surely are pain-filled and it doesn't sound like they have really forgotten. I guess by the end of the year I will be able to join yet another strange club of women that don't really make sense, joy! =)
--Maybe I have more patience than previously I have given myself credit for. We find out on Aug 5 (8 days...who's counting???) whether we are having a boy or girl. But the point of that is, I am proud to say that I did not cave in and head to the mall for an early ultrasound. There is some hope for patience in motherhood!!!
Posted by Michelle at 11:55 AM
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Jean (I guess following the beauty theme from earlier) decided to style my hair into Cousin It and of course, Emma had to join in on the action! I think that we are way stylin! When Jean was snapping the photo I had to really fight the urge to smile, I think I still did in the end, not that you can tell, haha.
We got to the site and the girls and Reba (dog) immediately were off to explore the hill and river.
My mama almost got the smore right out of Amy's hand...sneaky little....they were a hot commodity, especially because we discovered Dallin was a graham cracker monster and was downing our supply!
I had to make sure Emma did my roasting because I repeatedly set the marshmallows on fire (well more accurately couldn't distinguish the fire)...so I am easily distracted, give me a break!
Abbie was so into her smore that she didn't even notice me literally in her face taking pictures. Can you just see the enjoyment in her face?
Dallin is really a cute little boy that will bring a smile to your face! He was very happy with the combination of his two favorite things, his mom and being outside!
Can I just add that I love the mountains in Utah!!! This is such a beautiful state!
We also got to chase prairie dogs, the girls got to pet a fish (thanks to a nice fisherman), watch horses go by and saw deer! So that summarizes our outing last night to the canyon, it was pretty great times!
Posted by Michelle at 9:54 PM