CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Welcome baby Isabella!!

Oh we love little Isabella. And isn't my little family so cute!!

Spencer really likes Isabella and wants to constantly hold her and take pictures of her!

Daddy's little girl

Big yawn

Grandma Davidson with Isabella
She is so sweet and even tempered. She has this little half of a cry, that you don't get to hear much because she seems so content.

She was born April 13, 2012 (Friday the 13th) at 11:10 pm. She weighs 7 lbs 13 oz and is 19.5 inches long. I got to the hospital in the morning to start my induction.  The pitocin was running by 8:30, penicillan by 9:00, and my water was broken at 12:30.  I was not sure when I should get the epidural, but the doctor recommended after they break my water as that usually helps things progress, so I got it at about 1:30.  But after a long day of waiting for the pitocin to really work wonders on my cervix, I was finally dilated and ready to start pushing right before 11 pm. So grateful that I only had to push for 10 minutes! And she was even posterior. The doctor was able to turn her pretty quickly and she came right out. I was also grateful that the epidural went in without any complications. I was a lucky girl! I was a little discouraged that my cervix was taking forever and showing little to no progess throughout the day, but glad once I got to a seven finally it was no time before I was ready to push. Anyway, we were so glad to meet this precious little girl and are really enjoying her quite a bit!

7 comments:

Globe Trotters said...

Hooray! Congrats! Sweet family. Love the name!

Kristen and Andrew said...

YAY!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL LILLT GILR!! Hope you are feeling well!!

Jennifer said...

Super cute. I am glad to hear everything went well.

Robin said...

Congratulations!!! I was thinking about you all day and super excited to see pics. Glad everything went so well this time around.

Austyn said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! SO glad everything went well!! Can't wait to meet and hold her. Brody was so confused when I told him Spencer had a baby sister. He kept saying throughout the day, "Spencer had a baby??" He'll get it when he sees her. :)

Anonymous said...

Soo sweet! Congratulations on your beautiful little family!!

Karissa

*Brandi said...

She is absolutely beautiful, Michelle! Congrats to you and your fam!