CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Goodbye mother of one...

Tomorrow (if all goes as planned) I will become a mother of two. I guess technically I already am, but it doesn't really feel like it since I have yet to meet Isabella face to face. Hopefully, I don't get sent home from my induction tomorrow like I did last time. Hopefully having my membranes stripped this morning gets things rolling. Hopefully, my cervix cooperates and stops acting as the pro fortress it has been and allows things to move right on along. Hopefully, things don't take as long as they did with Spencer. Like for example, it would be nice if the anesthesiologist can get the epidural to work before attempting six times. Because now I know that it is not normal to have to stick the needle in six times before it works, however, first time around I was blissfully ignorant. And it would be nice to not have to push for two hours and fifty five minutes this time. It would be nice to avoid another episiotomy too. But really, I guess I am getting demanding (blame it on being nine months prego). I just want to meet Isabella and have her be healthy. I can't wait to meet her with Jean and then get to introduce her to Spencer. How fun to turn a family of three into four. Stay tuned for pictures soon (hopefully)!!

5 comments:

Robin said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!

SIX attempts? 2 hrs 55 min?

I pushed for 2 1/2 with James (and things have never been the same down there) which felt like forever and have never talked anyone who's pushed for over 2 hrs. You've got a half an hour on me. Wow.

I'll be thinking of you and praying for a speedy and healthy delivery on Friday the 13th :)

Allyson said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! We pray everything goes well (and quickly) for you today. We can't wait to see pictures!

Karissa said...

I am so excited for you too! As someone with a very similar first baby story (37 hours of labor, 3 hours pushing, 5 sticks for the epidural- only for it to come out and be forced into a natural labor with an episiodomy), I can tell you that the second time around was SOOO much better. I was induced, 8 hours of labor and only 3 pushes. You got this!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little angel!

Strictly Sewing said...

Whoa, that is some serious first time delivery craziness!! Sorry it was so difficult. Hope this one is much better! Also, make sure they hook up the epidural correctly to the medicine. Mine was spilling all over the floor and therefore didn't work. Too bad Brent hadn't finished law school at the time... we later learned we could have sued.

Rachell said...

Can't wait to see pics of the little one and the whole family together!

luvs and congrats!
Your cuz, Rachell